Do you feel your virtual team communication needs an upgrade?
Do you still think that Skype is the ONLY way you could talk to your virtual team?
If you just said YES to those questions, you better drop everything that you’re doing now and read this article.
We got nothing against Skype. It is still a great app for communicating with your virtual team. But if you want to improve your team’s engagement, promote better communication, and prevent technical problems, then it’s about time to look for other virtual team communication tools.
Here in VA Staffer, we always make it a point to communicate with each other to make sure that every task gets done (with some fun on the side). We won’t be able to make things easier for our clients if we don’t use virtual team communication tools.
In this article, I am going to share with you our virtual team technology tools. These tools are no longer a secret. A lot of business owners are already optimizing these tools for their business. If you’re just as impressive as them, then I suggest you consider giving these tools a try.
Improve your virtual team communication with these apps:
Virtual Team Communication 1: Active.Collab
Are you still sending tasks to your virtual team members via e-mail? That isn’t only too tiring. It could also be very confusing! Imagine the countless back-and-forth of replies and managing e-mails! Furthermore, it could lead to some of your team members missing instructions because you accidentally forgot to cc them.
We love e-mails. But for better virtual team management of tasks and communication, we at VA Staffer suggest you use Active.Collab.
ActiveCollab is a project management tool that helps your team stay organized. But it’s so much more than that — with plenty of neat add-ons, it’s a one-stop solution for all your business needs. It could help you manage tasks, allows your team to collaborate efficiently, tracks the time of your team, and even allows your members to send invoices.
VA Staffer loves Active.Collab because:
- You could include add-on features to make the tool work for you better
- Track tasks via mobile (IOS and Android)
- It has a 14-day trial allows you to try it out first
- You can choose between a monthly plan or self-hosted
Virtual Team Communication 2: Slack
If you want your virtual team to communicate better, we suggest you use Slack. It is a collaboration hub that helps connect groups, unify systems, and drive businesses forward.
Remember the previous article on Virtual Team Building Activities for High Performance? One of the activities that I mentioned was maximizing online tools. Slack is one of the tools that VA Staffer maximize for our virtual team.
VA Staffer loves Slack because:
- You could integrate other online tools (Google Drive, Active.Collab)
- You can create channels for specific topics (per project, per team, or per department)
- Previous messages are searchable less the scroll up, thanks to its Search Function. Just use a keyword and voila! (You can search 10,000 on a free account.)
- Got pricing plans for Slack Teams and Slack Enterprise Grid
Virtual Team Communication 3: UberConference
Weekly meetings? Daily roundups? How about you just a few reminders or updates to one of your team members? The answer: Online conference.
We at VA Staffer use Uberconference. You can join meetings instantly without PINs. You also don’t need to download anything. Most of all, no technical glitches!
VA Staffer loves UberConference because:
- It allows you to share the screen (great for presenting reports or tutorials)
- You’ll know who’s on the call and who’s speaking. You could even see their social profiles.
- They have hold music for the waiting times.
- Join meetings via mobile, too (IOS and Android)
Virtual Team Communication 4: Zoom
If you got a client meeting or a webinar, Zoom is the best tool to use. Zoom can share screen and host as many as 100 (for Enterprise Plan).
Zoom also allows you to see who’s on the meeting by turning on the video feature. Zoom also has a recording feature that would give you an audio and a video file, plus the chat conversation. How’s that?
VA Staffer loves Zoom because:
- It can hold team meetings and webinars.
- You can create Zoom Rooms
- You can have separate meeting IDs for different meetings.
- Zoom offers a full-featured Basic Plan for free with unlimited meetings. Basic Plan has a 40-minute time limit on meetings with three or more total participants. No trial period for the Basic Plan!
One of the business’ successes is having a fantastic virtual team. Improve your virtual team communication apps so you make your organization become more collaborative and productive.
Now you know why our virtual team works best.
Which among these virtual team communication tools and apps are you using? Or what do you look forward to giving a try? Share your responses in the comments.
TAKE BACK YOUR TIME!
Our team can save you a ton of time and energy that can be better spent elsewhere.
You know that already, that’s why you’re here!