Top 3 Things Every Entrepreneur Should Stop Doing 

June 17, 2022

By  Jeff J Hunter

Every entrepreneur has endless things to do.

Surprising though that most advice you see online is about things you should do. As if you had a shortage of items on your to-do list when you’re probably already overwhelmed enough. 

The truth is, the key to being productive isn’t by checking off your to-do lists but by knowing what things to do and not do. That means it’s equally important that you know what you must NOT do as an entrepreneur.

Having a list of “things not to do can help you stay focused and productive.

So, here are the top three things that you want to stop doing today:

1. Trying to DO everything

Stop trying to do everything. Instead, delegate or outsource tasks to free up your time so you can focus on what’s important. The earlier you focus on what moves the need in your business,  the earlier you’ll grow.

Delegating tasks and roles is crucial for any entrepreneur because you can’t—and shouldn’t—do everything by yourself. Delegation helps and enables you to build trust, and proficiency in your team. It also allows you to identify talents among your team who can handle tasks or projects you cannot handle personally.

Why should you stop trying to do everything:

  • Other people out there who can do things better than you.
  • Use your time to grow and scale your business.

2. Too busy to take time off

I get it. You’re an entrepreneur so of course, you’re busy. But taking time off is also necessary for your business growth.

Why taking time off is necessary

It is the key to refueling and re-energizing yourself as an entrepreneur. Refresh and equip yourself with the needed strength for the long journey ahead. Failure to take a break may lead to burnout and it will be harder to bounce back.

3. Not willing to accept help

Whether you want to admit it or not, you need help scaling your business. You can hustle alone, but you may not be able to go far. So, there comes a time when you have to realize and admit that you need help!

Here’s a top secret for you:

You only need to do about 10 percent of the work in your business to move the needle. The remaining 90 percent can be outsourced and delegated.

Many mundane tasks can waste your time. Here are far more important things you need to pay attention to:

  • Getting new clients and sales ventures which give your brand the right exposure to interested audiences.
  • Exploring new ideas which are geared at expansion.
  • Improving on existing ideas or introducing fresh material to produce phenomenal results.

Why should you get all the help you can

It is the only surefire path to growth. Delegating tasks or outsourcing is your freedom plan to eliminate the things that are sucking away your life and reducing productivity.

When you feel like you’re running on a hamster wheel, it’s time to stop and get help. Hire people who can do 90% of the tasks you’re trying to do yourself. That way, you can focus only on essential things to move your business forward.

As an entrepreneur, your focus should be to expand and grow your business. Your job as an entrepreneur should not only be to reach a business goal. You should also know how to build a team.

Take your hands off the things you shouldn’t be doing. Here at VA staffer, we offer different services to entrepreneurs like you to help you grow your business.

VA Staffer has figured out methods and strategies that work best for high-performing entrepreneurs like you. Leverage the expertise of our 150+ remote professionals to scale your business to the next level. With the help of the VAstaffer team, you can annihilate administrative bottlenecks that hamper the growth of your business.

Digital Marketing Strategist with background in Information Technology, Project Management, and Business Process Outsourcing. An expert in content marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and dependent on Virtual Assistants to survive.


As the founder of VA Staffer, he has built a company with over 150+ virtual assistants, specializing in executive assistants and remote teams. Jeff's a master at leveraging AI and human capital to build things fast (and smart). He's a contributor to top business publications such as Entrepreneur and Forbes, and he has been featured on major news networks including ABC and CBS.

Jeff J Hunter

Related Posts

May 24, 2024

May 23, 2024

May 22, 2024

May 22, 2024

Download Your PDF Guide: Top 10 Virtual Assistant Tasks

Reduce overhead, increase productivity & save time.


You can do it all, but you don’t have to do it all yourself!