https://vastaffer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Whiteboard-Wednesday-SEO-Tips.jpg 960 960 Jeff J Hunter https://vastaffer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/VA-Staffer-Best-Virtual-Office-Assistant.png Jeff J Hunter2016-09-30 14:40:132017-07-21 15:19:18Whiteboard Wednesday: SEO Blogging Tips S2E3
SEO Blogging Tips
Watch the replay of the video below:
SEO means Search Engine Optimization
It means that you’re writing so that google reads your page and recognizes that you’re putting out valuable content. The content will be featured in a google search. If you write great content, they will feature you. Just like everything else in life – if you produce something great and people want to talk about you then you will rank higher. Mediocrity will not draw the clients you deserve.
SEO is the ability for google to understand the content on your website, see that it’s relevant and then place it in rank based on search terms that people are actually looking for. People are searching for questions and you want to be the answer.
This is for your sales pages, blogs, copy and for basically any content to put online. If it’s online then you want it to show up. You bring free traffic to your website. This is on-page SEO writing.
You Can Tell Google:
- What you’re writing about
- Why you should rank
- How to rank higher than everyone else by analyzing who is already there is the top 10.
You’re higher on the podium if you perform great in the race. On the other hand, you will rank lower if you don’t. That’s how google works. Google owns the internet and therefore reigns supreme. Most people who search for things using google click the first listing.
Fact from Google: 40% of the people who search in google click the top link. If a 100 people are in search of apples on Google, 40 will definitely click whoever is on the top.
According to an article from Hubspot 60% of all organic clicks go to the organic top 3 search results. Decide where you want to position yourself.
Some Things To Do On Your Content
Tip #1 All of your content needs to have a goal
Therefore you need to:
- understand your market
- know what they are looking for
- ensure they are the target market you’re trying to reach
If you’re not writing with a goal then no one is going see what you write. That’s because no one is actually looking for it. You need to know what people are looking for and you need to know how to approach them. Consequently, you should set goals for yourself.
Tip#2 Headline needs appeal and keywords
- Identify a problem – introduce the solution
Tip#3 Never stuff keywords
- 1% of your content – mentions of the keywords
- Use variants of the keywords
Tip#4 Strategic keyword placement
- You need to have the keywords in the right locations for Google to find you.
- Ensure that your URL/ link includes the keyword.
- Title needs to contain keyword
- Include keyword in the first few sentence of the blog/content
- Utilize H2 sub headers
- Try not to actually change the exact match keyword. You can add words to the beginning and the end.
Tip#5 Evaluate & create 110x rule then dominate
- Create content that is 110 times better than your competitor
- Not good or great – amazing
You can find who is ahead and how to beat them. If you start applying these right away, you will see some increase in your visibility on Google. Also, if you’re just too busy to go through the process yourself – send over your content and our Virtual Office Assistants can optimize it for you. If you don’t consider yourself a writer – we have American and UK based writers as well. Contact us today and let’s starting marketing awesome content.